Thursday, September 13, 2007

A New Adventure in Homemaking


In my journey to maintain frugality I found an amazing book by Janice Cox, Natural Beauty at Home, that contains over 250 simple and all natural recipes for most everything from shampoo and conditioner to perfume and cold cream. A nice thing about the recipes is that the majority of them need only three or four common and everyday ingredients. The only concoction that I was surprised not to see in the book, given that it did have a section devoted to babies, was a baby wipe recipe; thankfully I already had a few of those.



Now that my usual supplies are finally dwindling I have decided to swear off store bought, over-priced and chemical filled hygiene associated products to fully pursue this natural avenue. Saturday I plan to begin with soap, hair gel, deodorant, shaving cream, powder, shampoo, conditioner, aftershave, and tooth paste. I will let y'all know how they are all working in a few weeks.

Once my other book arrives I will tackle natural home cleaning supplies, so stay tuned!

No comments: